Job Type: Part-time
Competitive salary, equity options and flexible working
Intellegens is a spin-out from the Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, setup to commercialise a unique deep learning architecture that can extract value from sparse and noisy data. We have already deployed this in the drug discovery, material design and health sectors however the approach is generic and and is now being applied to further opportunities in other domains such as finance, retail, and Internet of Things.
As a result of new customer projects and rapid team expansion we are looking to appoint a financial controller to manage our financial systems and associated back office functions.
Key activities of role
- Action of all financial transactions specifically purchasing, invoicing, VAT returns and credit control
- Undertake company administration functions, maintain the customer database, management of company share options, share register, and human resources functions
- Production of monthly management reports and bi-monthly board packs supported by a commentary on financial performance of the company against agreed targets
- Administration of multiple Innovate Grants recently won by the company
- Preparation of annual company accounts and associated R&D tax credits
- Report directly to the CEO with the possibility for flexible, part time, or homeworking albeit with regular visits to the Cambridge office
- Current requirement is for 8 hours a week although it is expect that this will increase. The work will be on a salaried basis under PAYE and at an agreed hourly rate
- Experience of performing the functions above for a software-based business selling internationally in multiple currencies with a turnover of in excess of £3M
- Experience of Xero or an equivalent accounting package
- Good attention to detail and a strong interest in accurate and timely input of transaction data and the reporting, presentation, and analysis of financial information
- Ensure highest levels of corporate governance while maintaining the dynamic culture of a rapidly evolving startup
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for further information.