Front-end React Developer
About you: You are a talented and motivated React developer who thrives on developing innovative and easy to use web applications for large complex data problems. You are independent, proactive, and know when to try new technologies and when to use off-the-shelf proven solutions. You also value teamwork and enjoy teaching others and learning from your co-workers. You have worked in close collaboration with scientists, backend developers and end users and seen projects through from start to finish, managing deadlines and customer expectations.
Background: At Intellegens, we are applying new machine learning methods to the next generation of material and chemical design software. Working with scientists to make new materials and chemicals cheaper, stronger, quicker and more environmentally friendly.
- Work on our Alchemite Analytics platform, turning new features into production-ready code.
- Make technology decisions and contribute to product strategy.
- Integrate with the wider tech team to coordinate and implement the development of features.
- Address bugs and issues in our front-end application and add to our automated test suite.
- Work in an agile environment.
- You will be modifying, testing, and implementing UI components with complex state and design requirements on a day-to-day basis.
- 2+ years of experience in developing and shipping commercial React projects.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills.
- Knowledge of Git, node and npm/yarn.
- Familiarity with GraphQL, TailwindCSS, React-Query, and Redux (desirable).
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills.
- A collaborative mindset and an interest to learn skills outside your immediate comfort zone.
- Collaborative and fast-paced working environment with neither red tape nor bureaucracy
- Share options and exceptional career opportunities as an early team member
Intellegens is a spin-out from the University of Cambridge that has developed a unique machine learning platform that can work with sparse and noisy data. Key applications are in the development of new and improved materials, chemicals, formulated products, and manufacturing processes – offering us opportunities to work with cutting-edge R&D organisations. We are working with several of these customers to deploy our Alchemite™ solution in a number of environments, e.g., cloud (AWS, Google, Azure) or on-site, various partner integration programs, and also developing new features to be deployed on our customer-hosted solutions.