Business Development Manager
Intellegens is a spin-out from the University of Cambridge that has developed a unique deep learning architecture that can work with sparse and noisy data. We are currently working in the material, chemical and drug discovery sectors and as the technique is generic and we have further opportunities in other domains such as finance, retail, and Internet of Things.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated Business Development Manger to add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and helping define marketing efforts. Your main duty will be to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity in the materials, chemical and drug markets to generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth. You will work with the founders to develop and implement commercial strategies based on our company targets and objectives with the main goal of supporting and accelerating growth.
- Develop, plan and implement commercial plans and strategies
- Always strive to accelerate and encourage company’s growth and success
- Perform market research and analyze threats and opportunities
- Implement new customer acquisition strategies
- Manage existing client relationships
- Establish and manage long-term relationship with stakeholders
- Understand the requirements of existing customers
- Track, measure and analyze commercial metrics using KPIs
- Manage and track expenditures, financial goals and budgets
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Flexible working environment – to be a part of a team with no red tape or bureaucracy
- A collaborative and fast-paced working environment
- You can choose and advise on the best technologies to use
- Competitive salary and commission-based remuneration– including travel and expenses
- Share options and exceptional career opportunities as a member of the early team